Sunday, April 17, 2011

What I like about Japan


Students sometimes ask me what I like about Japan. The photo partly answers this question. I'm fond of old temples and Japanese gardens. My wife and I enjoy going to quiet, traditional inns in hot spring areas, and enjoying good meals there. Of course the restaurants in major cities are terrific too, even the cheaper ones. I like the convenience of Japan, especially the ease with which we can get around here. Although I can drive, I don't feel the need to have a car here because the train and subway system is so good. I rent a car a few times a year maybe, for travelling during holiday periods.

How about you? What do you like about Japan? What are your favorite things, places, characteristics of the Japanese etc?

4 comments:

  1. I like Tokyo Desny Land the most!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Japanese food and cherry blossoms.
    Japanese food is so delicious and cherry blossoms are really beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter grows up faster, I think.

    I like old temples, too.
    These are called "Power spot" in Japan;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Japan is easy to live country.
    I love my hometown, Saitama!
    Saitama is near Tokyo, but it is not a high class:))
    Because I think Saitama is good place.

    ReplyDelete