Sunday, April 24, 2011

Death penalty


Although I can understand the feelings of a family who, for example, have suffered the murder of a child, I'm not in favour of the death penalty. First of all, there have been many cases of innocent people being executed by mistake. Many years after the execution, the real criminal was found. There is a moral issue as well. If we are in favour of killing people, even if they are criminals, doesn't that make us killers too? Also, the legal system allows many appeals for re-trial by the criminal, so the death penalty is more expensive for tax payers than life imprisonment (in the U.S., at least).

3 comments:

  1. This Topic is little difficult for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is too fearful for me...
    Death penalty is difficult issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never thought this topic,death penalty is very difficult for me...

    But if my family have suffered, I may not permit the criminal.

    ReplyDelete