Thursday, May 6, 2010

My last place



Before my wife and I moved to our current house, we lived in a "mansion" in Juso. I use quotation marks ("...") because mansion actually means a huge, super expensive house. We lived in an apartment, on the 6th floor of a 10 storey building overlooking Juso Park. It faced west, so in the evenings I could often enjoy beautiful sunsets. I remember watching planes climbing in the sky from Itami airport. After a while, I came to recognize their flight paths. I had many potted plants on the balcony. Once a year, we could watch the Yodogawa fireworks festival from the balcony. On those nights, we invited friends and had a party. It was a bit cramped for more than two people, so we decided to move to a house when we were ready to have children.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to join that party.
    I like to see fireworks and it sounds really exciting!

    ReplyDelete