Monday, May 24, 2010

A great city I've visited



Have you heard of Dubrovnik? Maybe not. It's on the coast of Croatia, which used to be part of Yugoslavia before the war in the early 1990s. A few centuries ago, it was controlled by Venice (when Venice was an independent city-state, before Italy was formed). Many of the better buildings in the old town were designed by the Venetians. You can still walk around the outside of the old town on top of the city walls. Down below are charming stone houses built close together, some of them on a steep slope. My wife and I rented an apartment here for a few days. The people are friendly, the weather is usually good and the seafood is always fresh. This is a photo I took of the old town after swimming at the beach below.

2 comments:

  1. that sounds so good!
    i would like to visit there somrday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I haven't seen such a beautiful seaside before! I want to go various place people don't know so much.

    ReplyDelete