Sunday, May 30, 2010

Getting ahead


It's seldom easy to succeed in business, because there's usually a lot of competition. Businesses try to attract attention to themselves in various ways. Advertising is one obvious method. The owner of this carpet shop in Istanbul has another method. He keeps his lovely cat outside the shop. People passing by are bound to be attracted by it, and stop to play with it (as I did). Then the owner comes out and talks to you (soon the topic turns to carpets). I found out that this type of cat is unique to Turkey. They are always white, with different colored eyes. I don't like to buy bulky items when I travel, so I didn't get a carpet. It was fun meeting the cat though.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like cat... However,I think this cat is very cute!!

    I feel to find John stopped to play with it.

    ReplyDelete