Sunday, July 4, 2010

Summer vacation


This summer I'm planning to go to Hokkaido with my family. Sophie is too young to take on a long flight, so we decided to hang out in Japan somewhere. I lived in Sapporo for a year in 1992, so this will be a nostalgic return for me after 18 years. At that time I was a young guy working at a conversation school and didn't get much time off, so I didn't do as much sightseeing as I would've liked. This time I want to enjoy the countryside more. We're trying to book a sleeping car on the "Twilight Express" (the Osaka-Sapporo train), but it seems like it's hard to make a reservation. If that's not possible, we'll fly. Anyway, I'll rent a car up there and drive around for about 10 days. Sometimes we'll stay in expensive hot spring hotels, and other times just cheap places. I'm especially looking forward to spending time at Akan National Park (it includes Masshu-ko), and swimming in some lakes. I guess we'll eat "jingiskan"(?) too. Lamb (or mutton) is delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Oh,I didn't know you lived in Hokkaido. I have been to Hokkaido in school trip when I was high school student. I like "Shiroi koibito." You must eat "Jingisukan caramel" because it is not delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend to go to Hokkaido too.Because, It is very cool and have a wide plain.
    If it is possible to go there,I want to go soon.

    Please take pleasure in going to Hokkaido...

    ReplyDelete