Sunday, November 20, 2011

Yoyogi


Last weekend I went to Tokyo for a teacher's conference. There were many interesting talks about teaching ideas etc, and I caught up with several people I've worked with before at other universities (+ Paul from KGU, and his wife). It was good to see everyone after a long time. On Saturday night some of us went out in Shinjuku, and ended up at a karaoke place. It's a long time since I last went to karaoke, as I'm a fairly poor singer. My throat was sore on Sunday, but it was fun. When was the last time you visited Tokyo?

The conference was held at the old Olympic venue in Yoyogi. I didn't have time to walk around much this time, although when I used to live in Tokyo I'd sometimes see sights like this in Yoyogi Park. What do you think of this fashion? I can't explain it or imagine what they are thinking when they wear these clothes. Do you have any idea?

3 comments:

  1. I can`t understand why they wear such clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also see people who wear that costume when I was a high school student in Harajuku.
    I think it is free that people wear what kind of clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I can't receive their characters...

    ReplyDelete