Sunday, September 18, 2011

Summer





Welcome back to KGU! How was your summer? I hope you were able to do everything you wanted to.

My summer was okay, not so amazing really. I went to Hokkaido for a couple of weeks with my family. We flew into Hakodate at first, and checked out the famous night view of course. Besides that there wasn't much special to see, but it's a pleasant town. At first we thought we'd entered a time warp and gone back to the 1950s (it seems quite innocent and simple compared to Osaka). One day we went to the horse races and lost a bit of money, but it was fun. I was surprised that my wife was so into it.

The part of the trip I enjoyed most was when we stayed in a rented cottage just outside Niseko for 4 days. It was really quiet at night, with starry skies and just the sound of crickets and birds breaking the silence. One day we climbed to the top of a mountain (see the photo). The ropeway took us to near the top, but for the last 1300 meters we had to walk up a steep dirt path over large rocks and tree roots. I was carrying Sophie on my back, so I had to stop several times to catch my breath. It felt satisfying to finally get to the top and take in the view though.

Anyway, for your first post I'd like you to just write about what you did this summer.

4 comments:

  1. I wanted to go to Hokkaido during summer vacation. i think you had a good time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. envy you^^ I went there 2 years ago actually, but there was just snow though!! You should visit there when it is snowing because Hokkaido is famous for snowing, then you can see another Hokkaido!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Hakodate too! And I checked out the famous night view too :) There were many people in Hakodate mountain so I was surprized. Did you eat sashimi??

    ReplyDelete